Attr. a Guido Bonci Casuccini
Project for the facade of the Church of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence
Pencil, ink and watercolor on paper applied to paper
cm. 168.5x128; (cm. 133x95 the painted part)
The work comes from a Sienese family where traditionally it is believed to be made in collaboration between Arturo Viligiardi and Engineer Bonci Casuccini, the latter participated in one of the competitions (1861, 1864, 1870) for the construction of the facade of the Cathedral of Florence. It bears the inscription "Facade of S. Maria del Fiore".